Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong things to do in Revit

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
vikingdoug
593 Views, 1 Reply

Wrong things to do in Revit

Hello - I have a very general question about a couples things you can do in Revit but I'm being told that you will corrupt the Revit model by doing these two things. I just need some verification either way true or not true please. If you have more info on this also please pass along.

1st - We are being told that you should not link in AutoCad files because it will make you Revit model really large and corrupt the Revit Model, is this true?

2nd - Opening 2 Revit models at once to copy drafting views from one to the other will corrupt one or both of your model files, is this true?

I myself do not think either one of these are for real, but our CADD manager claim that these are 2 real issues with Revit. I have searched the WIKI site and the web and found nothing on either statement. He claims Autodesk says not to do this.

Any help saying either way would be great - I need to know the truth please.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: vikingdoug

1) "Link CAD" is OK. It's "Import CAD", that has a bad reputation, specially bad if you explode the imported dwg.

2) To transfer the contents of a drafting view from one project to another, the recommended tool is Insert > Views from file, and for this operation, both projects must be open. So, it is OK if you do it this way. I don't know what happens if you do it by copy-paste, but I would do it with the Insert Views from File tool, instead.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report