Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

worksharing monitor dose not work with revit server central files

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
w.adam.bim
2439 Views, 4 Replies

worksharing monitor dose not work with revit server central files

the add in " worksharing monitor can not monitor files throw Autodesk revit server " using RSN.INI " files.. is there solution

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Chris.Aquino
in reply to: w.adam.bim

The worksharing monitor was not designed to work with Revit Server files.

It uses the worksharing log (.slog file in the backup folder of the central file) which does not exist in server based worksharing. 

You want to try Project Bluestreak, which has similar functionaly, but works with Revit Server.

http://bluestreak.autodesk.com/Home/Login

Please note however, that it is a Labs (beta) project.

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 3 of 5

Any idea when Project Bluestreak will update it's activity stream add on for Revit 2015?

Gordon McKenzie

Revit/BIM Manager

Merriman Associates

Dallas, TX 

G McKenzie
Revit/BIM Manager
Merriman Assocates
Dallas, TX
Message 4 of 5
ic349
in reply to: architectureguy

@Autodesk We need a reliable workshare monitor application for use with Revit Server.  If Workshare Monitor is open for local projects, bluestreak wont open...and vice-versa.  It will state it is waiting on the process to free.  Besides that, it does not reliably communicate to others in the group or show worksharing activity.  Never has.  We can get some notifications.  But as an example I just sent a message to the whole team, they saw it...but I cannot see the activity in the app or web page.  They send a message or sync, I see nothing.  Next week it may work great, today it works like I describe above.  

Message 5 of 5
sutobinh
in reply to: Chris.Aquino

The link does not work.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report