Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worksets/ Model in Place

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
babsvanwaarden
257 Views, 1 Reply

Worksets/ Model in Place

I modeled a chimney in place and for some reason it says its part of the sprinkler system now. Is there a chance to change this category? 

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Your image shows Roof Structure: Walls: Sprinklers 22: Sprinkler 1.

Roof Structure - This is the Workset it is assigned to. Select the family and change the workset parameter to the one you want instead.

Walls - This is the category the in-place family is assigned to. You have to edit the family and use Family Category and Parameters to change that.

Sprinklers 22 - This is the Family Name - find it in the Project Browser and rename it

Sprinklers 1 - This is the Type Name - find it in the Project Browser and rename it

I'm not sure how you ended up with Sprinklers 22 and Sprinklers 1 as names. When you copy an in-place family Revit creates a new family and it normally uses the same type name as the family. When you create in-place families you need to be careful to choose the category correctly, and provide an appropriate name each time. With worksets you also need to make sure the Active Workset is set correctly so everything you create is assigned to the workset that is most appropriate.

My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report