Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work sharing only works on one computer

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
JHKdezine
303 Views, 4 Replies

Work sharing only works on one computer

I created two user files: User A and User B. However, when try to open User B file on another computer (computer B) it says the file contains an incorrect schema...I thought to try to create the user B file from computer B from the central file but computer B does not recognize it as a central file. 

I know I was able to do this before but for some reason I cant this time. Help

Also,  I am using dropbox.  I thought maybe this was a path issue so I made sure that the path was the same on both computers.  But is still does not work.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: JHKdezine

Local files must be created from different computers. It sounds as if you created two files from the same computer and then went to the second computer to "open" a "local file" that was not created there.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 5
JHKdezine
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

But the central file is not recognized as a central file.   You mean to tell me I have to recreate the central file on computer B?

Message 4 of 5
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: JHKdezine

A central file is saved in a folder in the network. Local files must be created from each user's computer. Not from the same computer.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 5
JHKdezine
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

But I am unable to create a new local file because the central file is not recognized as a central file.  

I dont know what happened.  I tried all sorts of things like detaching from central and recreating a new central but nothing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report