Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Witness Line Snap

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
marc5
5297 Views, 6 Replies

Witness Line Snap

I need to snap witness lines to the core face (face of stud) and not the center of the wall or the face of sheet rock. Can this be done?

Thanks,

Marc

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
loboarch
in reply to: marc5

When placing dimensions you can set a snap preference for core faces on the options bar pulldown list. You can also use "tab" when placing to pick different selection candidates near the cursor. Depending on zoom this might get the face of the core of the wall.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 3 of 7
marc5
in reply to: loboarch

Thanks for the help, but I can snap dims to what I want, but I cannot snap witness lines to the face of a stud. It snaps to center line of the wall and face of material of the wall and in my case that is face of sheet rock. Is there a setting so witness lines will snap to a core face?
Message 4 of 7
loboarch

Yes the control I mentioned in the previous post does this exact thing.

faces_of_core.png

This of course assumes the wall you have created defines the "core" the way you are expecting to dimension.

core.png

Jeff Hanson
Revit Help |
Message 5 of 7
marc5

Call me a new-b and again thanks, but dims are working just fine and snapping to core face after I changed setting to "Face of Core" as you show above. However, witness lines (if this is the correct term) or temporary dims when I click on a wall this is what I wished would snap to core face.
Message 6 of 7
loboarch

It was not clear you were taking about TEMPORARY dimensions.  You can do this with a setting.   On the manage tab under additional settings cnage the setting for the temporary dimension preferences.

temo_dims_options.png

Jeff Hanson
Revit Help |
Message 7 of 7
marc5

COOL....Thanks, that did it! Have a great day.
Marc

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report