Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WISH LIST REQUEST

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Danny1972
354 Views, 4 Replies

WISH LIST REQUEST

With all the great features in Revit I am surprised to note that the software does not currently deal with possible clashes. By this I mean when a door opens there is a clearance requirement for it to open into this "reserve volume" is not currently available to clash against. The same would apply for windows, possibly stairs as well as plant components for mechanical and electrical equipment (service areas).

You could also include walls when considering blast deflection.

As simple parameter to add a volume to the family is all thats needed.

PLEASE can this be included in future releases.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
LisaDrago
in reply to: Danny1972

I am pretty sure Navisworks does all that you are looking for and more... 

Just a thought.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 5
Danny1972
in reply to: LisaDrago

Thanks for the response.

The primary issue with Revit clash detection still remains the doors and windows. Navisworks does provide a tolerance for clash detection so yes in regards to deflection of walls in a blast its possible to manage this. But for door and window openings how would you suggest the swing area where the door or window opens into is clash checked?

Message 4 of 5
LisaDrago

The only way I know of would be to build in the clearance area around those objects - I have attached a sample and a navis image of the clash.

It could be very extensive to modify all the families it would involve - but it could be done.

Probably not the best option - but it is one...

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 5 of 5
loboarch

Here is an article in the Revit wikihelp covering how this can be done.

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Revit/enu/Community/Tutorials/ADA_Door_Clearance_Checking_using_Revit_I...

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report