Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wise title blocks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
FinearcLtd
318 Views, 7 Replies

Wise title blocks

Hello there,

Anybody has an idea how to create lables in a title block that are related to the type mark?  I need to create a title block that extracts automatically all the parameters from a family type by type mark, so that if I place a view of a specific family type in the sheet and I type in its type mark the rest of the parameters are atuomatically filled in. Any ideas folks? Any wizards out there?

thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Must it be in the titleblock? Or can you get away with placing a schedule on top of the TB on the Sheet?
Message 3 of 8

if I need to create a seperate schedule for each window or door type it will take ages and will make the Revit browser overlaoded with subdirectories. I am looking for ways to make our work more efficient and BIM oriented. We insert all the information in the window parameters and it would be very helpful if the titleblock could withdraw this data at will. There are many ways to do something but one is always looking for the fastest, most clever way...

Message 4 of 8

It sounds to me that schedule is your best option for it. Not what you asking I know.

Just a thought: how you create an assembly of your window? Benefit: it allows you to instantly create views, schedule, sheet.

Your thoughts?

love python coding
Message 5 of 8

The problem here is you cannot create shared parameters in a titleblock, or you probably would not be asking this question. 🙂 So back to schedules, why would you need to create one for every type?
Message 6 of 8

Because in my country, window and door schedules are not made as lists but rather as a bounded set of detailes drawings that include both drafting information and written specifications. That is to say that for every window and door type I  need to create a sheet with all the relevant views and construction details and to this I would need to add a relevant schedule. Now, as you know, you cannot create a schedule inside a sheet, so I will have to create a seperate schedule for each window and door type so that it can later be inserted into the relevant sheet. Am I making myself clear?

Message 7 of 8

Yes, that clarifies things greatly, thank you. So assuming you're going to be using these types over and over from project to project. I don't think there's a way around creating what you need for each type, however, you could create them as a "detail" library, and then bring them in as needed. Which would at least save you some time after it was set up.
Message 8 of 8

I will definitely consider your proposal.

thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report