Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Windows

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
cjp
Enthusiast
243 Views, 4 Replies

Windows

I have had some trouble with these windows before and have now altered them enough to grow slightly attached and not want to make new ones, but I have a problem when cutting in section. At certain sizes the window is fine in section, however, some of the different sized windows do not resize the entire window. Attached is an image of where the glass part of the window did not resize. The glass extends into the wall below. All other parts, i.e. the sill etc. all change size. How do I fix this? Thanks in advance. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
constantin.stroescu
in reply to: cjp

It looks like in Window Family , the 3d model bottom part is not aligned and locked to the Reference Plane placed at sill level...

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
cjp
Enthusiast
in reply to: constantin.stroescu

Sorry its been a while to respond, I had moved past the section for a bit and am now coming back to it. I attempted to align the bottom part. Everything seems to have a closed lock on it and it all seems to be in one piece. I unlocked and relocked some items and have had no luck. I will attach the family on here and maybe someone can notice what I am missing. I appreicate it. 

Message 4 of 5
L.Maas
in reply to: cjp

I looked at your family. In the family editor I changed the Headheight from 8' to 9'.

Then this happens:

Window.png

You see that the window is not fully constrained. This board does not move. It is constrained to the Ref level and will not move up or down.

Best is to constrain this to a workplane, so that it can move up or down with that workplane 

Further I normally try to avoid connecting/locking objects to objects. I always try to connect objects to reference planes/lines.

With complex families I also tend to make use of nested elements. It tends to get easier to control.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 5 of 5
cjp
Enthusiast
in reply to: L.Maas

Thank you for all of that input. Some of that was a bit over my head as I am new to Revit. Somewhere in there I got to a point that helped me acheive that I need for now, but I am going to look into nested elements as I think that will help me in the future with situations like this. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report