Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 8 and "Touch Screen"

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
octavio2
3254 Views, 3 Replies

Windows 8 and "Touch Screen"

Regarding these new laptops all of which have Windows 8 and which are announced as with "Touch Screens", I am just curious:  how the "Touch Screen" will work with Revit and AutoCAD? 

Or the settings of "Touch Screen" can be changed from "touch screen" to normal and classic mouse settings? 

Is the "touch screen" the default with Windows 8?

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: octavio2

windows 8 isn't a touch screen only OS don't know where you read that

autocad 2014  isn't fully compatible  with touch screens in mind it does have a touch mode for the ribbon but its not full on touch screen program yet you still need a keyboard & mouse. look at autocad 360 for basic autocad functions on a touch screen device

probably won't happen for a while

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
octavio2

No, it is not that I am looking to use the "Touch Screen" function.  It is that I see the laptops being advertised in places like Best Bay as 'Touch Screen".

In fact, I asked the original question since I thought that in a laptop the "touch screen" will be tedious for a program like Revit which requires the conatant use of one hand.

Just was wondering if the "touch screen" can be disabled in Windows 8 and work with the mouse instead.

Message 4 of 4
ChrisNeedhamNZ

You don't need to disable anything: just use it as normal with mouse etc.

I have been using it for a few weeks with Revit 2014 and there's no issues. 

Chris Needham
Whangarei
New Zealand

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report