Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Window trim

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
HomesByDundee
2317 Views, 4 Replies

Window trim

Hello,

I have taken a window family, and modified the trim, then added another piece of trim. in the family editor, everything looks great. But when I load the window into my project, the original trim I've adjusted gets offset, and doesn't appear right. What is happening to cause this issue, and how can I fix it?

Cory - Homes By Dundee

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: HomesByDundee

Make sure the geometry of the new trim is locked to a refernce plane in the family.

Take a hard look at the original trim extrusions/sweeps, and how they are locked to a ref. plane.

Message 3 of 5
HomesByDundee
in reply to: Anonymous

All of my reference planes remain the same as original, and the new trim works great. It is only the old trim that is acting weird. I've edited extrusion, which brings up dimension perameters, and they all say 1.5" and are locked. Then when I load it into my model only the sides and bottom of the old trim display as 3 inches, but the top trim displays correctly.

I don't get it. Why is it proper in family editor, and not in my model?

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: HomesByDundee

Is there an Instance or Type Parameter that once loaded into the project, you can change for the trim 

in the Properties dialog box of the Window?

Message 5 of 5
HomesByDundee
in reply to: Anonymous

That was it, I just had to open the type properties box and set the exterior trim to 1.5" from three. Problem solved. thank you so much, that was a noodle scratcher.

Cory - Homes By Dundee

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report