Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Window Tag Location

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
kate_vanhout
1632 Views, 5 Replies

Window Tag Location

I have attached an image of where my windows tag are placed by default when I place them on my slider windows.  I have created these windows myself and I have no idea how to adjust the default location of the windows tags... Does anyone know how I can do this?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
LisaDrago
in reply to: kate_vanhout

Tag placemet is based on the origion of the family. By default it places the origin of the window tag at the origin of the window family.

Does that make sense?

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 6
kate_vanhout
in reply to: LisaDrago

Yes it does, Thank you!

Message 4 of 6
kate_vanhout

I have one more questions about this, I changed my origin to the location that I would like tags to be placed, but now my head height is off... how do I fix this? 

Message 5 of 6
LisaDrago

I would asume it is coming in too low or to high now - in the instance parameters you can change the sill height to raise or lower the window to the right plcement or you can adjust the window in an elevation view.

It is a little more work - but it is either that or adjust all of your tags.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 6 of 6
RYOHEI
in reply to: LisaDrago

So can you explain how to change the origin of the window family?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report