Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Window overhang visiblity in Plan

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1479 Views, 4 Replies

Window overhang visiblity in Plan

I have created the overhang for window on the exterior as sun shade. How can i get that being visible in the corresponding plan?? As in the plan below it.

For eg I am creating the exterior window overhang at 7 Feet ht from floor lvl ...but i want it to be visible in the same floor plan as dotted line...how is this possible?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You can use an Underlay in the Floor Plan to show the shade above the window.

In the Plan View, go to View Properties and choose Underlay, check RCP ( reflected ceiling ) and you should now be able to see the window shade.

Another good tip here is to use the Linework Tool and choose the "hidden" or "above" line style (dashed) and click on the outline of the window overhang in the underlay, then turn off the underlay. You now have dashed lines showing the object above, and if you cahnge the window overhang the dashed lines will move with it. This allows you to only show certain objects above--not everything in the view, if required.

cheers

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Thanks for the comment..

Tried this but still not happening. You can refer to the attached two file with the section showing the window overhang and the next attached file where i have changed the properties underlay orientation as Ref Ceiling Plan . But still not achieved.

2nd Issue how do i get rid of the mammoth size section lines in plan & section to change it to the desirable size??

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

I have just tested the underlay technique and it works for me. It is something to do with your Levels, View Depth settings, etc.

The size of the section annotations remains constant so the text will print at 1/8" or 3/32" ( whatever size yout text is set to)

so they appear "large" due to the scale of the view. Try changing the scale of the view, and the section marks will "fit better"

proportionally to the rest of the drawing.

cheers

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

thanks ccollins.

It worked

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report