Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Window in curved roof/wall

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
5474 Views, 5 Replies

Window in curved roof/wall

Please see attached images.

Im trying to insert windows, as per attached image.

Would appreciate any help with it.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You will need to add some 90 degree/plumb walls and place the windows in them, as well as infill walls at the jambs and  a soffit at the head condition.

Message 3 of 6
constantin.stroescu

The problem is that the entity is roof and wall in the same time...

I use two methods for solving the problem:

image 1.

• Roof by Extrusion > then from Architecture > Opening >By Face...click on the area I want to place the opening, draw  a rectangle... now I have the perforated roof
  • then I draw a wall just behind the vertical part of the roof...and attach it to roof....then insert curtain wall inside the wall aligned with the openings made in the roof , apply cut to insert it into the wall

image 2.

• Mass element :
  • I draw a vertical reference plane paralel to south view ...I name it so to be able to select it later
  • Massing and Site> In Place Mass> in south view I made a closed profile , select it > Create Form >Solid
  • in 3d vie I apply Curtain System to the faces of the roof...that in brief.....

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: constantin.stroescu

Constantin,

The "wall" the doors go into is not 90 degree/plumb, it is slanted.

So the doors need to be inserted into a 90 deg./plumb wall, and then jambs and head condition infilled.

Message 5 of 6
constantin.stroescu

agree with you...anyway in my post, the first method , I used a vertical wall in wich I placed all the windows, doors, curtain walls and I enveloped it with the extruded roof....You are right ,between  them it is necessary to place conection elements border frames (jambs,head,sill) because there are gaps..so as it is done on worksite........

I heard a rumour that in Revit 2014 there are slanted walls...is it true?

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Slanted Walls? Nope. That was my annual April Fool's joke.

13th year now, Revit has no Tilt Wall function..........Smiley Mad

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report