Revit Architecture

Distinguished Contributor
elina.hyvamaki
Message 1 of 3 (550 Views)
Accepted Solution

Window frame depth changes, when modifying the Window inset

550 Views, 2 Replies
09-14-2013 07:30 AM

I modified a Window Family file by adding a Window inset parameter. When I inserted the window into a wall, otherwise the window worked fine, but when I changed the window's Window Inset value, the frame depth changed instead of the frame's location. The frame was originally made by Sweep tool, but now when I made it by Extrusion tool, the window works fine. Anyway, for future purposes, I would like to know how to be able to use the Window Inset parameter with a frame made by Sweep tool. How do I lock the depth of the frame sweep?

The file is attached.

I would create a new reference plane to control the inset, and convert that dimension that you have on the right side of the screen showing "100" , to the "Frame Depth" parameter. Edit the profile of the sweep so that it is attached to this new reference plane. Tthere is a detail component in plan, at the same place of the sweep, therefore you need to test these changes in plan and section view. 

9-14-2013 11-36-47 AM.jpg

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 2 of 3 (526 Views)

Re: Window frame depth changes, when modifying the Window inset

09-14-2013 09:02 AM in reply to: elina.hyvamaki

I would create a new reference plane to control the inset, and convert that dimension that you have on the right side of the screen showing "100" , to the "Frame Depth" parameter. Edit the profile of the sweep so that it is attached to this new reference plane. Tthere is a detail component in plan, at the same place of the sweep, therefore you need to test these changes in plan and section view. 

9-14-2013 11-36-47 AM.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog
Distinguished Contributor
elina.hyvamaki
Message 3 of 3 (498 Views)

Re: Window frame depth changes, when modifying the Window inset

09-15-2013 12:56 AM in reply to: elina.hyvamaki

It works now, thank you very much!

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.