Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Window frame depth changes, when modifying the Window inset

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
elina.hyvamaki
2362 Views, 2 Replies

Window frame depth changes, when modifying the Window inset

I modified a Window Family file by adding a Window inset parameter. When I inserted the window into a wall, otherwise the window worked fine, but when I changed the window's Window Inset value, the frame depth changed instead of the frame's location. The frame was originally made by Sweep tool, but now when I made it by Extrusion tool, the window works fine. Anyway, for future purposes, I would like to know how to be able to use the Window Inset parameter with a frame made by Sweep tool. How do I lock the depth of the frame sweep?

The file is attached.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

I would create a new reference plane to control the inset, and convert that dimension that you have on the right side of the screen showing "100" , to the "Frame Depth" parameter. Edit the profile of the sweep so that it is attached to this new reference plane. Tthere is a detail component in plan, at the same place of the sweep, therefore you need to test these changes in plan and section view. 

9-14-2013 11-36-47 AM.jpg

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 3

It works now, thank you very much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report