Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Window Family - void form graphic

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
timothy.rushton
380 Views, 1 Reply

Window Family - void form graphic

Hi All, 

I was wondering if someone could help me out I am having some difficulty with a window family. 

I have created the window which works ok and I have then cut the wall out using a void extrusion I have used the void extrusion as I have a cant brick cill at the base of the window so I have 2 void extrusions within the model one that cuts through the wall to reveal the window and another under neath that only cuts out the outleaf to reveal the cant brick course. 

My issue is that when I load the window in to my model the wall hatches dissappear (this is only happening in a rendered face wall and not anyother) I believe that this has something to do with the void form as when I remove this void form and insert the window the hatch work returns but with no void (obvasilly) 

does anyone know how I can prevent my model from losing the hatch work when I insert the window? 

an example is attached of what it looks like when inserted is attached. 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
L.Maas
in reply to: timothy.rushton

I have experienced something similar with a door. When I put in the door in a wall it was Ok. But when I flipped the door the hatching of the wall was gone.

In my case it had to do with the wrapping layers. I used a door which was meant for thicker walls. so the wrapping didi not function properly resulting in something similar. Decreasing the wrap layer solved the issue in my case.

Wall Pattern.png

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report