Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Window Family Creates

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
kate_vanhout
299 Views, 3 Replies

Window Family Creates

I am using Revit Architecture 2013 and am trying to create a window family that has different grid options built into the family.  I have included a copy of one of my window families I am working on and an image for an examples of what happens when I load all my windows into a project and place them.  Some of the grid families do not automatically adjust to the size it should be.  But if I click on the window (lets say it as no grids) and then select the no grid parameter again then it will adjust.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get these windows to adjust automatically so I don't need to do an extra step to make them look right!? 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Kate, your window family performs well here. I did not see any problem. Very good job, by the way.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 4

Thanks!  🙂 ... They work fine if I have just one family loaded (like Just the casement) But when I load more then one (Like the Slider family and Double Casement family that I have attached) I start to have some issues.  Some sizes come in fine and some do not.

Message 4 of 4

I did not try with the new families, but in general, once a family is working properly, it should not be affected by other families being loaded afterwards, unless you are overwriting shared families used by multiple families.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report