Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Window above cut plane

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
3320 Views, 6 Replies

Window above cut plane

Good afternoon all,

I have a custom window (attached) where when the cut plane and top level is set below the window still shows some elements of the window.  

There shouldn't be anything visible.  I've purge all the other window elements out that worked correctly.

I believe everything is set 'only show when instance is cut' however this seems to make no difference.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

K

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I believe it is because the type of filled regions and such you used. They will show up in parrallel views. If you get rid of them your problem goes away. I'm not sure why they are showing up still though because you have the when cut box checked.

Sorry, Good Luck

Message 3 of 7
alan.quinn

To add I recommend that you open a window family from your Revit content library and see how it’s built. Most times I’ll do a save as, re-name the family and change it to suit my needs. This way you save time and get better end results.

I would appreciate it if you would let me know if this answers your question. If it doesn't, please reply with more information about what you are trying to do so that I can provide a better answer.

Thank you,

Message 4 of 7
Ben_Wood

if your window is above the cut plane you can do one of two things. 

1. adjust the cut plane.  this is not recommended as it changes thing you may not want to chane.

2. add a plan region.  on the view menu use the drop down menu on the Plan view button and you see plan region.  add a plan region in the area around the window and you can adjust the cut plane for the region only.  this has worked well for me for many years.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Unfortunately all your suggestions so far don't help.  I do not want to the window to display at all when the cut plane is below the window.  I do not require plan regions in this instance.

If all the settings are adjusted for the lines and masked regions to only show when instance is cut, then where are they still displayed.

K

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

I've found the problem, the masking region for the right hand cavity closer is set to display at the level reference plane where as the others where set to display at the sill reference level.  When I changed the work plane for the offending masking region the window displayed correctly.

Thanks for all your input.

K

Message 7 of 7
mmcintosh-ral

thank you so much for posting this solution- a great help to me today.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report