Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Winder Stairs

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jmackniak
3866 Views, 4 Replies

Winder Stairs

i have looked through the discussion board and cannot find an answer to How to create a Winder staircase.

The as built staircase is a straight run with the first 3 or 4 treads winding.  I cannot figure out what my settings need to be etc. HELP!!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: jmackniak

There are, at least, 2 ways:

• With the stair by sketch method, modify or create risers manually, with the Riser tool.
  • WIth the new stairs by component method, use the Winder tool.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 5
jmackniak

Al,  Thanks that is what i did.  I drew the stair boundry and placed the risers in. seemed to work fine. I get the error message below:  Stairs require no less than 2 boundries. (the MS paint image dropped some of the risers, trust me they are there)revit stairs.png

Message 4 of 5
Alfredo_Medina

See that green horizontal line? That should be a riser (black line), not a boundary (green line). The boundaries areusually two sets of lines, on the sides of the stairs, not intersecting each other.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 5
jmackniak
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Why isnt this board (not sure what it is called) not running parallel with the stair case??revit stairs2.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report