Revit Architecture

Active Contributor
jmackniak
Message 1 of 5 (673 Views)
Accepted Solution

Winder Stairs

673 Views, 4 Replies
01-14-2013 09:16 AM

i have looked through the discussion board and cannot find an answer to How to create a Winder staircase.

The as built staircase is a straight run with the first 3 or 4 treads winding.  I cannot figure out what my settings need to be etc. HELP!!

See that green horizontal line? That should be a riser (black line), not a boundary (green line). The boundaries areusually two sets of lines, on the sides of the stairs, not intersecting each other.

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 2 of 5 (646 Views)

Re: Winder Stairs

01-14-2013 07:06 PM in reply to: jmackniak

There are, at least, 2 ways:

• With the stair by sketch method, modify or create risers manually, with the Riser tool.
  • WIth the new stairs by component method, use the Winder tool.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog
Active Contributor
jmackniak
Message 3 of 5 (629 Views)

01-15-2013 05:34 AM in reply to: jmackniak

Al,  Thanks that is what i did.  I drew the stair boundry and placed the risers in. seemed to work fine. I get the error message below:  Stairs require no less than 2 boundries. (the MS paint image dropped some of the risers, trust me they are there)revit stairs.png

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 4 of 5 (622 Views)

01-15-2013 05:54 AM in reply to: jmackniak

See that green horizontal line? That should be a riser (black line), not a boundary (green line). The boundaries areusually two sets of lines, on the sides of the stairs, not intersecting each other.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog
Active Contributor
jmackniak
Message 5 of 5 (591 Views)

01-17-2013 09:11 AM in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Why isnt this board (not sure what it is called) not running parallel with the stair case??revit stairs2.png

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.