Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why VIZ?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
267 Views, 8 Replies

Why VIZ?

I would like to know more about VIZ. I 've been using Accurender for sometime and I think it's fast, easy and has many advantages. For example the plant library. Also the price is OK. I know that VIZ has great animation capabilites but I dont think that this is why all you Revit guys like most. I heard about the new Release of VIZ 2005 so I would like to know if it would help loking for some improvement of my rendering's quality. Please let me know why you choose VIZ... TIA Dimitris
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

welll... first, VIZ has -some- animation capabilities but in fact it is exactly the same as 3dsMAX -without- the animation capabilities. But that's just for good order. Why I choose VIZ over AccuRender? Well to be honest it's simply a matter of the quality of my renderings. In VIZ I get far more options for creating and adjusting my textures/materials [transparency, refraction, shinyness, etc..] and also I can make them more lively with bumpmapping. Also in the lighting I have more options [lightscape and stuff] so it brings much more realistic pictures... and..you can have RPC too if you like.. and.. well it's a lot to summarize.. in short -moreoptions-moreoptions-moreoptions EQUALS nicerpictures-morecreativity-bettersellability- "JTB" schreef in bericht news:414685a6_1@newsprd01... > I would like to know more about VIZ. I 've been using Accurender for > sometime and I think it's fast, easy and has many advantages. For example > the plant library. Also the price is OK. > > I know that VIZ has great animation capabilites but I dont think that this > is why all you Revit guys like most. > > I heard about the new Release of VIZ 2005 so I would like to know if it > would help loking for some improvement of my rendering's quality. > Please let me know why you choose VIZ... > > TIA > > Dimitris > >
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

I partly agree with your answer about VIZ. You are correct that VIZ does not have MAX animation features but this is not all. VIZ have the tool "File link" which is one of the most important tools for those who work on an autocad-based environment. This tool gives the ability to the user to prepare a model (dwg file) and then link it in to VIZ for preparation of materials and the lights. The best part is that if the dwg file change, then you can update the viz file and the model without loosing all the work that you have done for the materials and the lights. After that of course, you can enjoy the state of the art software and use it for the production of the highest quality render images. And if you ask for the price, this is much less than MAX. The only think that I would like to have for use it with Revit, is a "rvt link" similar to the "dwg link" tool. If you export the model of a Revit file as dwg, you have the same layer and colors for each component, walls for example, so you cannot transfer the material information or categories in to Viz. This will add a lot more work if you have to apply materials at the geometry. Regards Chronis Loulakis "v.valentijn"
wrote in message news:4146bdc8$1_3@newsprd01... > welll... first, VIZ has -some- animation capabilities but in fact it is > exactly the same as 3dsMAX -without- the animation capabilities. But that's > just for good order. Why I choose VIZ over AccuRender? Well to be honest > it's simply a matter of the quality of my renderings. In VIZ I get far more > options for creating and adjusting my textures/materials [transparency, > refraction, shinyness, etc..] and also I can make them more lively with > bumpmapping. > Also in the lighting I have more options [lightscape and stuff] so it brings > much more realistic pictures... and..you can have RPC too if you like.. > and.. well it's a lot to summarize.. in > short -moreoptions-moreoptions-moreoptions EQUALS > nicerpictures-morecreativity-bettersellability- > > "JTB" schreef in bericht news:414685a6_1@newsprd01... > > I would like to know more about VIZ. I 've been using Accurender for > > sometime and I think it's fast, easy and has many advantages. For example > > the plant library. Also the price is OK. > > > > I know that VIZ has great animation capabilites but I dont think that this > > is why all you Revit guys like most. > > > > I heard about the new Release of VIZ 2005 so I would like to know if it > > would help loking for some improvement of my rendering's quality. > > Please let me know why you choose VIZ... > > > > TIA > > > > Dimitris > > > > > >
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

That means in fact that VIZ doesn't support REVIT!!! And what about Accurender? Have you ever seen anything such simple and fast? After all, all these years, we try to make our work with PCs easy... Ï "Chronis Loulakis" Ýãñáøå óôï ìÞíõìá news:41480560$1_1@newsprd01... > I partly agree with your answer about VIZ. You are correct that VIZ does not > have MAX animation features but this is not all. VIZ have the tool "File > link" which is one of the most important tools for those who work on an > autocad-based environment. This tool gives the ability to the user to > prepare a model (dwg file) and then link it in to VIZ for preparation of > materials and the lights. The best part is that if the dwg file change, then > you can update the viz file and the model without loosing all the work that > you have done for the materials and the lights. After that of course, you > can enjoy the state of the art software and use it for the production of the > highest quality render images. And if you ask for the price, this is much > less than MAX. > > The only think that I would like to have for use it with Revit, is a "rvt > link" similar to the "dwg link" tool. If you export the model of a Revit > file as dwg, you have the same layer and colors for each component, walls > for example, so you cannot transfer the material information or categories > in to Viz. This will add a lot more work if you have to apply materials at > the geometry. > > Regards > Chronis Loulakis >
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

There's a white-paper about Revit + VIZ - Maybe you should get it and read it Dimitris. It is a bit optimistic though, it says that linking the DWG from Revit will work if you keep overwriting the DWG from Revit.. in reality this doesn't always work. You get something like 'cannot update existing geometry' quite fast if you are still working in the Revit model.. I think this is because in Revit you can/will alter your geometry much more drastical then is usually the case for 'normal' DWG linking. So it's advisory to only start VIZ after you're about 95% done in Revit. On AUGI I read a discussion on Revit to VIZ also >> "Chronis Loulakis" schreef in bericht news:41480560$1_1@newsprd01... > I partly agree with your answer about VIZ. You are correct that VIZ does not > have MAX animation features but this is not all. VIZ have the tool "File > link" which is one of the most important tools for those who work on an > autocad-based environment. This tool gives the ability to the user to > prepare a model (dwg file) and then link it in to VIZ for preparation of > materials and the lights. The best part is that if the dwg file change, then > you can update the viz file and the model without loosing all the work that > you have done for the materials and the lights. After that of course, you > can enjoy the state of the art software and use it for the production of the > highest quality render images. And if you ask for the price, this is much > less than MAX. > > The only think that I would like to have for use it with Revit, is a "rvt > link" similar to the "dwg link" tool. If you export the model of a Revit > file as dwg, you have the same layer and colors for each component, walls > for example, so you cannot transfer the material information or categories > in to Viz. This will add a lot more work if you have to apply materials at > the geometry. > > Regards > Chronis Loulakis > > "v.valentijn"
wrote in message > news:4146bdc8$1_3@newsprd01... > > welll... first, VIZ has -some- animation capabilities but in fact it is > > exactly the same as 3dsMAX -without- the animation capabilities. But > that's > > just for good order. Why I choose VIZ over AccuRender? Well to be honest > > it's simply a matter of the quality of my renderings. In VIZ I get far > more > > options for creating and adjusting my textures/materials [transparency, > > refraction, shinyness, etc..] and also I can make them more lively with > > bumpmapping. > > Also in the lighting I have more options [lightscape and stuff] so it > brings > > much more realistic pictures... and..you can have RPC too if you like.. > > and.. well it's a lot to summarize.. in > > short -moreoptions-moreoptions-moreoptions EQUALS > > nicerpictures-morecreativity-bettersellability- > > > > "JTB" schreef in bericht news:414685a6_1@newsprd01... > > > I would like to know more about VIZ. I 've been using Accurender for > > > sometime and I think it's fast, easy and has many advantages. For > example > > > the plant library. Also the price is OK. > > > > > > I know that VIZ has great animation capabilites but I dont think that > this > > > is why all you Revit guys like most. > > > > > > I heard about the new Release of VIZ 2005 so I would like to know if it > > > would help loking for some improvement of my rendering's quality. > > > Please let me know why you choose VIZ... > > > > > > TIA > > > > > > Dimitris > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

This is why I would like to see a rvt link in VIZ "v.valentijn"
wrote in message news:41480aee$1_2@newsprd01... > There's a white-paper about Revit + VIZ - Maybe you should get it and read > it Dimitris. > > It is a bit optimistic though, it says that linking the DWG from Revit will > work if you keep overwriting the DWG from Revit.. in reality this doesn't > always work. You get something like 'cannot update existing geometry' quite > fast if you are still working in the Revit model.. I think this is because > in Revit you can/will alter your geometry much more drastical then is > usually the case for 'normal' DWG linking. So it's advisory to only start > VIZ after you're about 95% done in Revit. > On AUGI I read a discussion on Revit to VIZ also >> > > "Chronis Loulakis" schreef in bericht > news:41480560$1_1@newsprd01... > > I partly agree with your answer about VIZ. You are correct that VIZ does > not > > have MAX animation features but this is not all. VIZ have the tool "File > > link" which is one of the most important tools for those who work on an > > autocad-based environment. This tool gives the ability to the user to > > prepare a model (dwg file) and then link it in to VIZ for preparation of > > materials and the lights. The best part is that if the dwg file change, > then > > you can update the viz file and the model without loosing all the work > that > > you have done for the materials and the lights. After that of course, you > > can enjoy the state of the art software and use it for the production of > the > > highest quality render images. And if you ask for the price, this is much > > less than MAX. > > > > The only think that I would like to have for use it with Revit, is a "rvt > > link" similar to the "dwg link" tool. If you export the model of a Revit > > file as dwg, you have the same layer and colors for each component, walls > > for example, so you cannot transfer the material information or categories > > in to Viz. This will add a lot more work if you have to apply materials at > > the geometry. > > > > Regards > > Chronis Loulakis > > > > "v.valentijn"
wrote in message > > news:4146bdc8$1_3@newsprd01... > > > welll... first, VIZ has -some- animation capabilities but in fact it is > > > exactly the same as 3dsMAX -without- the animation capabilities. But > > that's > > > just for good order. Why I choose VIZ over AccuRender? Well to be honest > > > it's simply a matter of the quality of my renderings. In VIZ I get far > > more > > > options for creating and adjusting my textures/materials [transparency, > > > refraction, shinyness, etc..] and also I can make them more lively with > > > bumpmapping. > > > Also in the lighting I have more options [lightscape and stuff] so it > > brings > > > much more realistic pictures... and..you can have RPC too if you like.. > > > and.. well it's a lot to summarize.. in > > > short -moreoptions-moreoptions-moreoptions EQUALS > > > nicerpictures-morecreativity-bettersellability- > > > > > > "JTB" schreef in bericht news:414685a6_1@newsprd01... > > > > I would like to know more about VIZ. I 've been using Accurender for > > > > sometime and I think it's fast, easy and has many advantages. For > > example > > > > the plant library. Also the price is OK. > > > > > > > > I know that VIZ has great animation capabilites but I dont think that > > this > > > > is why all you Revit guys like most. > > > > > > > > I heard about the new Release of VIZ 2005 so I would like to know if > it > > > > would help loking for some improvement of my rendering's quality. > > > > Please let me know why you choose VIZ... > > > > > > > > TIA > > > > > > > > Dimitris > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

Considering change from ADT 3.3 to Revit, also evaluating ADT upgrade. We've got a couple of copies of Viz, never used them. Wind up using my own copy of Accurender. For our needs, it's easy and fast and "good enough". I thought Accurender was licensed into Revit. No longer the case?
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

Accurender still licensed and still a part of Revit....up to an including 6.1. I've heard it will still be a part of 7.0. "DH" wrote in message news:414b230d_3@newsprd01... > Considering change from ADT 3.3 to Revit, also evaluating ADT upgrade. We've > got a couple of copies of Viz, never used them. Wind up using my own copy of > Accurender. For our needs, it's easy and fast and "good enough". I thought > Accurender was licensed into Revit. No longer the case? > >
Message 9 of 9
BOBKELLERMAN

Hi-- My 2 cents would be that Accurender delivers somewhat harsh looking renderings in comparison to Vizrender (the stripped VIZ in ADT 2004 and 2005),and thus, to Viz. But, I am very particular, more so than most, and I know that lots of people think it's great.
I expected Accurender to be out of Revit long ago, in favor of Vizrender, as Autodesk has to purchase it from a competitor, but it is buried too deeply into the code, I am told.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report