Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does my foundation not show in a floor plan?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
bigislander72
8679 Views, 7 Replies

Why does my foundation not show in a floor plan?

The top of it is "level 1" I believe the view settings had top = level 1, bottom = unlimited, and cut plane = 4' 0" . Shouldn't it show? I want just the foundation components only showing.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

You might be having floor slab between ur cut plane and foundation.
See your plan in wireframe if foundation is there.
You can also use show hidden tool available on modify tab to show foundation in dotted lines.
Message 3 of 8
vector2
in reply to: bigislander72

foundation walls go down- regular walls go up..

if you want to see a foundation wall on the
level you drew it on- you need to either
turn on underlay or drop the view range..
Message 4 of 8
Albork2014
in reply to: bigislander72

Try changing the family Visibility Graphics. You may have to check the box for Course, Medium or Fine.

Message 5 of 8

Gents, 

As I found the solution - Please change the View Depth in the View Range, Change it to your required ''Level below or Unlimited''

I hope this will work. 

Regards

Message 6 of 8

This is the solution thank you! I Changed my plan view from architectural to structural foundation plan and it automatically switched to looking down and my foundation walls ver visable

Message 7 of 8
cbcarch
in reply to: jepurdueGSM8Y

If your Floor Plan can work using a Structural Discipline---

View Properties>Structural Discipline>Show Hidden Lines by Discipline

If you need the footings to show dashed on an Architectural Plan View--Set up a Level called Foundation. Then,

try using an Underlay set to Level: Foundation. You will see the footings below. Then use the Linework Tool

and select the outlines of the footings and use a Hidden Line Style. Then turn off the Underlay. The Linework will remain visible, and it will adapt to any future changes in the footings.

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects-St. Louis, MO
Message 8 of 8

It may be a stupid question, but have you checked that you are in "Floor Plans", and not in "Ceiling Plans"?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report