Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why baluster belongs air terminal category?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
abatod
312 Views, 2 Replies

Why baluster belongs air terminal category?

When I try to create new baluster in the family but it belongs to air terminal category. Is there any clashes? Anyone know family category description. Such as what is the difference between Lighting fixture and Lighting device. In Autodesk library has few families which has same things with different category.

Many thanks,

a.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: abatod

For example: a lighting fixture is the lamp that you see on the ceiling. A lighting device is the switch that you use to turn on and off the lamp.

About the baluster being an "air terminal", probably it just seems to be in that category. I notice that when the filter of categories is set to Architecture, it shows "Casework", but if the filter is set to "show all" (in Revit 2013 One Box) the list seems to pre-select the first item in alphabetical order, which is "Air Terminal", like this:

4-12-2013 9-51-03 AM.jpg

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 3

Also, notice that, if you click on the [...] icon after the Omniclass number. You can read the name of the category, there : Railings.

I don't know why the Railings categroy is not highlighted on the other list above, though.

4-12-2013 12-27-37 PM.jpg

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report