Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I seeing the tops of objects taller than the cutplane?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
kwg06516
332 Views, 3 Replies

Why am I seeing the tops of objects taller than the cutplane?

I tried setting both the top and cutplane of the primary range to 4'0 but I can see the top of a 7' wall and parts of a componnent that's over 8 ft tall.  All entries are to the same associated level.

AutoCAD 2010

AutoCAD 2015

Revit 2015

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
L.Maas
in reply to: kwg06516

It would be best to send a (revit) file to better understand what is going on.

However as a possible sollution/explanation look here with an article about view-range. That article also describes that some categories (like walls) are sometimes not shown even when in view-range and other objects are shown when not inside the view-range.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 4
kwg06516
in reply to: L.Maas

I excerpted the problem portions of the project.  The trouble area is the small closet on the right.  It has 7'0 walls and a 6'8 door.  Note that the floor is actually about a foot below the level because it was a mezzanine in the project.

With a cutplane at 4'0 I ought to see the door cut the wall.  Instead I see the wall from the top down.  On my own I assumed that this was due to the top of the primary range being above the top of the wall.  The article you linked to seems to my dull eye to confirm this hypothesis.

However when I change the top to 5'0 it still shows the top of the wall.  

- update -

I tested moving the walls and floor up to the level (set the offsets 0) and it cut correctly.  This is not a solution to my problem however.  In the project this mezzanine is its own level 1'-2" below the second level but appears next to level 2 portions in the same view so it really sucks if it only cuts objects on a level matching the view.  Do I have to somehow splice multiple views on sheet to get it to look right?

AutoCAD 2010

AutoCAD 2015

Revit 2015

Message 4 of 4
kwg06516
in reply to: kwg06516

And I solved it all by myself.

Rather than have the wall top unconnected I sent it up to level 3 and then offset the top by the difference.  Door cuts correctly now but now I have to remember this in case I change the height of level 3 ever so not the best solution.

AutoCAD 2010

AutoCAD 2015

Revit 2015

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report