Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who had used the IExternalCommand of Revit 7?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
146 Views, 6 Replies

Who had used the IExternalCommand of Revit 7?

What is to do for executing my external program with the build-in function IExternalCommand. The extensions to the ini-file are made. What else is necessary that the external command works?
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi mmmm,

The API in Revit 7.0 is not supported. For full API access one needs to be running Revit 8.0.

Sorry,
Giles Gilbert
(Autodesk Revit Software Engineer)
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Hi Giles,

thank you for your message. I found your name in source of file RevitAPILink.dll, i think you design it.
Do you have a problem with interested users, digging inside Revit to find undocumented functions? We don't want to damage something, we are only curious about this specials.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Contact ADN (Autodesk Developer Network). The API, documentation and samples are available to all ADN members. It will save you a great deal of time and effort and you'll get full support. Reverse engineering our application or any part thereof is illegal.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Thanks Giles, it's a good idea. We decide to join ADN at October this year. I have a lot of questions about Revit-object model, i hope we can talk about Revit 8 later this year... until than ...
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

What is the nature of the application you wish to build? We are always interested in knowing the direction in which developers wish to enhance our applications.
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

We want to add our own families to an existing building at the place the user want. Depending on the building information we want to calculate the right family an the exact final position. The only feature we need is adding new families to an user defined place.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report