Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are the 2015 Updates found at?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Jason_S
502 Views, 6 Replies

Where are the 2015 Updates found at?

Is there a place that I can download the 2015 updates?

Thank you for the help.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Jason_S

The only downloads for Revit 2015 that I could find tonight at http://knowledge.autodesk.com/ were Language Packs.

A Google search turned up this:

Readme for Update 1

The Autodesk Application Manager is capable of accessing the update.

This post contains links for Update Release 2, which includes security updates as well as the updates in Update Release 1.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 7
Jason_S
in reply to: David_W_Koch

@Anonymous wrote:

The only downloads for Revit 2015 that I could find tonight at http://knowledge.autodesk.com/ were Language Packs.

A Google search turned up this:

Readme for Update 1

The Autodesk Application Manager is capable of accessing the update.

This post contains links for Update Release 2, which includes security updates as well as the updates in Update Release 1.

Thanks David,  I found that discussion with the download links and got the updates from there.

Autodesk Application Manager is fine for people who have admin rights to install.  I like to use Group Policies to install the updates to all computers, instead of getting pinged by everyone that they have an update.

While messing with Autodesk Application Manager I noticed it downloads copies of the installs to your "C:\users\username\Documents\Autodesk Application Manager", I can pull them from there and use GP to install to the rest of the company.  You can also change this folder if you like.  Pretty neat.

Thanks again

Message 5 of 7
Jason_S
in reply to: Tony_Michniewicz

Thanks Tony - Are these going to ever be posted like they were with older versions under the knowledge base and downloads?

I got what I needed from Autodesk Application Manager and other discussions so I should be a happy camper until the next update.  🙂

Thanks again

Message 6 of 7
Tony_Michniewicz

I don't have an exact date for their availability but the Autodesk knowledge base will include separate pages for each of these downloads.  Each of these pages will include a link to the update as well as the associated readme and enhancement document.

Glad to hear that you're a happy camper at this point!!

Tony Michniewicz

Autodesk Revit QA

Tony Michniewicz
Revit Software QA Analyst
Message 7 of 7
David_W_Koch

@Jason_S wrote:

Thanks David,  I found that discussion with the download links and got the updates from there.

Autodesk Application Manager is fine for people who have admin rights to install.  I like to use Group Policies to install the updates to all computers, instead of getting pinged by everyone that they have an update.

While messing with Autodesk Application Manager I noticed it downloads copies of the installs to your "C:\users\username\Documents\Autodesk Application Manager", I can pull them from there and use GP to install to the rest of the company.  You can also change this folder if you like.  Pretty neat.

Thanks again

I agree 100%.  Most of my users do not have administrative rights and I am not going to log into every machine to do the installations.  I am more than happy to let the IT wizards take care of deploying it over the network.  But I would like to have the update installation files for future record/use, along with the readme so I can see what it is supposed to fix and if there are any special instructions or other information I should know, so I would like to see the "knowledge" pages updated more quickly after an update is released.

Thanks for the heads up on the fact that the file does get saved locally by the Autodesk Application Manager.  I was not aware of that; turns out I have quite a collection of files there.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report