Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When what you see isn't what you get...

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Keith_Wilkinson
235 Views, 1 Reply

When what you see isn't what you get...

Hi,

We've been using 'layered' elevations for a while to good effect - it allows us to have different view settings to make parts of our building soften into the background and adds impact to the overall presentation of the drawing.

However I have just tried using the same approach to sections and I'm getting some odd results - as I can't share project info here I've set up a small sample project to highlight the problem.

Image 1 shows what I see on screen in Revit - this is an elevation with consistent colours applied and shadows turned on and then a section overlaid on the top which is set to hidden line with no shadows.  The screen shot is exactly what I'm wanting in terms of how the view /should/ look.

Image 2 shows the PDF I get when I print.  The actual printer makes no difference I should add as the result is the same regardless.  As you can see the elements that are actually cut still show as expected but the elevation parts of the section are over ridden by the elevation behind.

Is there as setting that I'm missing somewhere or can someone explain why Revit isn't plotting what I see on screen?

*edit* I should add I get the same results in both 2013 and 2015

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."
Maimonides
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

current propsed solution for this from Autodesk is to use a masking region sandwiched between views - so in this case placed over the elevation and behind the section.  While not ideal I think this is pretty workable just now.

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."
Maimonides

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report