Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the point of the stupied Construction template

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
dougy_8505
699 Views, 8 Replies

What is the point of the stupied Construction template

I'm so freaking sick of this stupid template...  so many students are accidently using it instead of Archit. and when they go to the 2nd lvl, there is no freaking underlay...

we are 2 weeks from the end of the semester and they are having to start their drawings allllllll over again because no matter what i try, the stupid underlay wont show up...

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: dougy_8505

i don't know why the level 2 view of that template does not respond to the Underlay parameter. But it is easy to fix. Students should not need to start all over again just because of this. Delete the view from the Project Browser. Then go to View > Plan views > Level 2 > OK. Now you have a new Level 2 view which responds to the Underlay setting.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 9
dougy_8505
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Ill try that...

From my Android phone

Message 4 of 9
dbroad

I've had the same problem in my classes.  The problem is the phase of level 2 vs level 1.  In the construction template as provided, the phase of level 1 is "Project Completion". The phase of level 2 is "B10 - Superstructure".  Change level2 and any other views to "Project Completion" and students can continue their work without needing to know about phasing.

A view that is in an earlier phase cannot "see" objects in a later phase.  Objects added to a "Project Completion" phase don't exist until that phase.

To avoid using the construction template (for next time), use the options, File locations. Choose the Construction Template and then bump it down so its not the default choice.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 5 of 9
dougy_8505

thank you guys..........  both very helpful

now i just need to get back in class to show the other students

Message 6 of 9
dbroad

If any of the posts solved your problem, don't forget to mark them.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 7 of 9
dougy_8505
in reply to: dbroad

ty i did not know about that.. ty

Message 8 of 9
istjames

These def are phasing issues. However, if you are responsible for teaching students, it is STUPID.

Message 9 of 9
ToanDN
in reply to: istjames

@istjames wrote:

These def are phasing issues. However, if you are responsible for teaching students, it is STUPID.

If you are an instructor then shouldn't you be instructing students which template to use or not to use at the very beginning of the class?  And staying calm and collected and not screaming profanity?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report