Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best way to do a car park slab on ground?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
NigelParsons4560
615 Views, 4 Replies

What is the best way to do a car park slab on ground?

Hello,

I'm wondering what is the best and easiest way to show falls, pits and drains on an open-air car park slab on ground?

I just want to match the hydraulic engineer's drawing, which was done with AutoCAD.  At this stage, I doubt I will need 3D geometry for these things.

Thanks in advance,

Nige'

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

In my opinion this a problem of choice.

• If you need detailed views of the area maybe a 3d or a draft 3d completed with 2d details will be necessary. A combination of Building Pad with Parking Components and a Floor Slab , with Model in Place or imported Familiy objects added will be also needed.
  • If the object will be shown only in overall views , then a Building Pad  and Model Lines drawn on Faces will be enough. These Model Lines will be seen in Floor Plans and in 3d images and they are OK if you do not need close views of the area. Even an imported dwg file can be used (placed on a selected work plane)

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 3 of 5

I was thinking of importing the consultant's drawing using Link CAD and hiding the things I don't want to see.  I already have a basic flat slab in place and I won't be responsible for the civil works.

Thanks for your help.

Message 4 of 5

It.s OK as you say. The only thing , where you must be carefull is to ask the consultant engineer to make a good layer structure so to can hide layers that you don't need in your file. You can import only the layers you need or hide those you don't want....

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 5 of 5

Will do.  Thanks for your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report