Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is best when drawing maps?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
lloyddshand
4989 Views, 3 Replies

What is best when drawing maps?

I am trying to start my own business drawing evacuation maps/fire exit maps for buildings. So it is pretty much a floor plan layout with emergency directions on it. I have attached some examples to this message. I was told that in that industry they don't use Revit or AutoCAD because it looks too techincal for the customer. Is there any other program that Autodesk sells that can give a more professional smoothe look when drawing evacuation maps? Do you know of companies who use use your programs and then transfer the drawings over to an illustrating program to make the drawings more acceptable to the customer? Do you know of any out there software that is not made by autodesk that is going to give the type of qualtiy map that put me over my futere competition? If I can use Revit to draw these maps can  I use Revit LT?

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

I saw the examples you have attached...They seem indead to be done in a software like Corel Draw or Inkscape ( a freeware )

But you will be suprised that something very close can be done in Revit ,too.

For this ,you have to make a View Template with all the settings so to fit  the evacuation map requirements (control the visibility of the entities, use a Color Scheme ) The View Template will be part of your Template File used every time when you begin a new project.

Maybe, in Revit you will work a little more when making the View Template and the Line Types and symbols for legends but , once done, then the evacuation plan is a piece of cake....

Saving as a raster image and then competing the drawing in Corel, Inkscape or even Photosop , you would do it as separate for every project, again and again....

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD
Message 3 of 4
autoMick
in reply to: lloyddshand

The hotel one looks like it was done in sketchup which has amazing capability for the price (free). It also does a nice variety of line styles to give your images a certain signature look if that's what you're after.

If you buy the pro version (around $500 I think it was) you get a layout program as well which can be useful, but in reality, you could just paste the 3d graphic into a powerpoint slide to do the legend, etc. there just as easily.

- Mick

Civil3d user in Australia since 2012.
Message 4 of 4
parames6UGJ6
in reply to: lloyddshand

I worked as a compliance manager for 12 years and now i need to start my own business. at a first stage i would like to draw the professional evacuation maps to any organization. This is for easy understanding and at the first time to grab the attention of the person who locate to the organization, hotels, factories or super markets. i need your help to accompany with your tools for this service and after business.

A. Parameswaraan

Group Compliance Manager, Vogue Tex(Pvt) Ltd, Jessica Kriszh, Adverdesignia,Indura

+xxx-xxxxxxxx

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report