Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

water in revit

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
aarifmalik
24423 Views, 7 Replies

water in revit

Can anyone tell me plz how to make a pool of water in revit n how to insert that fountains etc
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Jhalse2014
in reply to: aarifmalik

If all your families are loaded correctly, you should be able to place the fountain as a component. As far as making a singular pool of water, I'm not quite sure myself. I believe you can do it by messing with the topography. 

Message 3 of 8
L.Maas

Pools of water can be made to make a componet with the shape of the water body and assign it water material (available in Revit)

The pool, depending on the shape can be made of walls and floors.

Other options are to create a pool family. In this famiy you create the pool(with water) by using the regular tools (e.g. extrusions, sweeps, revolves).

You can make a family for the fountains. If you want to show water coming out of the fountains do not expect spectactular results. As Revit is not particulary very good at organic shapes. Also be careful to make these items not to overly complex as they might hit on the performance of Revit

As final option you might consider to do some post processing in programs like 3d max or photoshop

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 4 of 8
Whutchison16
in reply to: L.Maas

I know this is a bit old,

But I am in a "residentail-default" template revit 2016, and I have a small area i want to add a very shallow pool of water to bit I want like a small waterfall "wall" falling from the wall directly next to it. Anyone know how I can go about doing this?

Message 5 of 8
_Engel_

You can create a toposurface and have the material as water, once rendered or in Ray Trace, it will look just like water.

Message 6 of 8
sdbrown
in reply to: _Engel_

I use families and make sweeps and blends with water material. Here is an example.

Message 7 of 8
sdbrown
in reply to: sdbrown

here is a fountain family you can look at to get the idea.

Message 8 of 8

If you would like to see a step-by-step Revit video tutorial on how to create a pool in Revit.  Check out this video and I'm sure you will better understand the process so that you can create custom shaped pools in Revit too.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report