Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall wrap issues

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
revituser01
541 Views, 2 Replies

Wall wrap issues

Hi,
We have been having wall wrap issues related to exterior wall and windows and curtain walls. I have attached a JPG that has the existing condition and the condition we want Revit to show in our 1/8" Plan views.
I used the "Edit cut profile" command to achieve what we want. However, this is tedious and we have around 20 such conditions per floor and the building has 9 floors. The changes made using Edit cut profile do not show up in views that have already been duplicated. It shows up only if we duplicate a view with detailing.
I am looking for a method to achieve the wrap by editing the Wall Family itself so that the changes apply to all similar conditions and all floors. The changes will also show up in all duplicated views.
Can anyone please tell me if this (please refer the attached file) is possible by any other method in Revit? Can we edit the wall family wrap / layers to arrive at a similar result?
I know this can be achieved in ADT using wall modifiers / wall end caps. Does revit have any similar commands?
Thanks in advance for your help.
RU
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
sbrown
in reply to: revituser01

You need to modify the wall assembly and select the pull down for Wraps at ends and inserts. then make sure the layers of your walls are set to wraps and the structure is not set to wrap. In your window families you need them to have a ref. plane that has the Wall closure option checked. This will get you part way there but there will be some conditions that aren't automatic. You should send you examples to Revit for them to address in later releases.
Message 3 of 3
revituser01
in reply to: revituser01

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report