Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall Wrap Issue

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
bward
574 Views, 3 Replies

Wall Wrap Issue

I have a wall that I want to wrap the interior layer of gypsum board and the metal stud layer, however it does not seem to be working correctly. The end condition is correct, however the insert condition is not. It seem to stop at the middle of the wall for some reason. Any ideas if I am doing something wrong?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
melarch
in reply to: bward

From your attachment it appears if you have several walls aligned alongside each other - the concrete and the interior furred out wall. Wall material layer returns take the interior or exterior layers that are checked in the Edit assembly and wrap them to the other face of the wall. Wrappng at inserted components does not behave that way. It only wraps the interior and/or the exterior layers back to the core faces interior (Layers Wrap Below) or exterior (Layers Wrap Above). It never crosses the core boundaries.

Also, check the Window family to see if it has any ref. planes that restrict inserts wrapping.

Mel Persin, AIA
AEC Technology Consultant
Technology to Visualize and Realize Solutions
Modeling for the Future/Drafting in the Present/Building on the Past
Message 3 of 4
bward

Thanks.
Message 4 of 4
JGATOR

If I understand you correctly, if I have a kneewall that ends in an open area (I have this condition in a restaurant) I would have to use a wall sweep to put the wall base on the end of the kneewall?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report