Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall Sweep

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
marc5
1257 Views, 7 Replies

Wall Sweep

I have created a base board "wall sweep". When I place the base board on the wall it skips an intersecting wall in another room and runs through a wall into another room. How do I make it not skip the intersecting wall and how do I not let the base continue into the adjacent room?

Please see attached.

Thanks

Marc

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
AJA14
in reply to: marc5

Hi,

Not sure on the reasons but consider the following:
1- Is the sweep created as an instance sweep from the wall drop down or from the type properties of the wall.
If you are using the type properties, then all walls with the same type will have it.
2- Are these two walls or a single wall. If they are one wall split them and delete the sweep from the other wall.
3- Check if the sweep cuts at inserts. If that is the case remove the check mark. (This happens when you have a door or window opening).

Otherwise please attach your file or elaborate more.

Best Regards,

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
Message 3 of 8
subhra_civil

Hi,

Please send me your Revit File.

Thanks & regards,

Subhradeep Sen

India

Kolkata

Message 4 of 8
marc5

File is 12 megs too large to send, I tried. I do not know how to reduce a rvt. Can you advise?

Message 5 of 8
marc5
in reply to: AJA14

Item 1. I created the sweep by going to NEW / FAMILY / PROFILE.RFT and loading it into the project. Once loaded in the project I used the SWEEP under the WALL command to add the sweep to the walls. Item 2. It is one wall. I will try the SPLIT. Item 3. The SWEEP cuts at doors and does not cut at windows.
Message 6 of 8
Gary_Mansfield

Hi,

2. Ensure that you havent got wall on top of walls and that, hover your cursor at the intersecting wall and press the tab key to see if you have more than one instance in the same location.

3. Revit will not recognise intersecting walls and will therefore place the sweep on the whole segment as illustrated by your image. You will have to manually correct this by selecting the sweep and selecting the blue grip at the end and position it to where the sweep should end. (Tip change your selection color to red in the options dialog box under graphics.)

See attached.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Cheers bye...

Gary Mansfield aka Happiness Consultant

Don't be shy to hit that Kudo's button when you apply my solutions.
Message 7 of 8
marc5

Yes you are a help. I see where I have two walls sharing the same space. I changed this and the sweep still stops. I think I know why. The wall to the left of the intersection is one type of wall (an interior) the wall to the right of the intersection is another (an exterior). If I understand (what little I have learned in two days - and from the Forum) REVIT, when placing the wall sweep will put the sweep on a length of wall of the same type. Correct?

I have corrected the sweep by draging with the grips as suggested.

Thanks again.

Message 8 of 8
Gary_Mansfield

The reason why they stopping is because you have two instances of the sweep on the same face of the wall. Select one of sweep segments and Use the Add and Remove Segments from the contextual tab and remove one of the segments. Select the one you kept and update the position by dragging the blue grip again.

Cheers bye...

Gary Mansfield aka Happiness Consultant

Don't be shy to hit that Kudo's button when you apply my solutions.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report