Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall sweep, profile, line weight

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
duncan200
1696 Views, 4 Replies

Wall sweep, profile, line weight

Hi, I have a wall sweep on an interior wall and the line weight is very thick in my interior elevation. Could anyone tell me how can I fix it?
I tried "visiblity/graphic overide">Walls>Wall Sweep-Cornice and override the projection line weight...it didn't work. Also tried changing line type in the wall sweep profile file but it doesn't allow me to change...
Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Scott_Womack
in reply to: duncan200

I assume you are referring to a wall sweep applied separately, and not a part of the wall style, Correct? I'm not aware of an easy fix, but you can use the linework tool in each view to lighten the linework up. The biggest complaint I hear when the sweep (horizontal) is a part of the wall style is that the lines are too light.
Message 3 of 5
duncan200

thanks!
Yes they are separated. (Modelling>host sweep>wall sweep)

I need to draw raceway on each lab. wall sweep seems to be a good tool coz the profile is the same everywhere and I can adjust length on plan and height on interior elevation.
Besides line weight, I would also like a hatch on the sweep showing on plan but not elevation. Any idea how to do do that? I tried material>surface pattern, it shows the hatch all around the wall sweep, and therefore showing on both plan/elevations. Wish there is a material ID system like they have in 3dmax.
Message 4 of 5
gary

Any resolution to this thread?  Im having the same problem with a sweep in the wall style.  It is showing up as a heavy line in the elevation.  When i use the linework command to override in the elevation view it looses the breaks through other elements like mirrors, soap dispensers. 

The sweep in question is the tile or frp 4' high on a bathroom wall.

Maybe there is a better way to illistrate?

Gary

Message 5 of 5
paulGLDEG

Hi there.

I ran into the same issue with a custom wallsweep showing in heavy lineweight on my facades, regardless of the graphic override I applied. Even tho I could have edited it with the Linework tool, the profile I used was quite complexe and copied several time, and it would have took too much time to do manually.

To change that, I had to modify the Type Propreties of the family:

Edit Type > Identity Data > Subcategory of Walls : By default on Common Edge, switch to <None>.

That was enough to turn every sweep of the family into a regular lineweight. Hope that helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report