Revit Architecture

Revit Architecture

clausneergaard
Message 1 of 3 (756 Views)

Wall Structure Layer Thickness

756 Views, 2 Replies
02-22-2011 04:26 AM

Hi,

I am using Revit Architecture 2011 - does anyone know if it's possible to extract information to a schedule about the thickness of each layer in a wall construction? I can get area and volume, but no thickness? Maybe I'm missing something.

Thanks in advance,

Claus

Contributor Bal
Contributor
Bal
Message 2 of 3 (728 Views)

Re: Wall Structure Layer Thickness

02-22-2011 10:06 AM in reply to: clausneergaard

Hi Claus

Reporting paramreters, as you may know do give us the capabality to taking overall wall thicknesses from something like a Window family.  However as far as I know, we can't isolate the compound wall layers in that.

I had a mess around with reporting parameters to try and get it too do what you wanted - my first idea was to use a beam family with a reporting parameter and snap it to the wall thicknesses, but I haven't as of yet been able to get it to work.

If anybody else can expand on that idea, go for it - its an intresting challenge this one. I'll keep trying.

clausneergaard
Message 3 of 3 (721 Views)

Re: Wall Structure Layer Thickness

02-22-2011 01:16 PM in reply to: Bal

Bal,

Thanks for your reply. I'll keep working on it too - if I figure something out, I'll post it here.

Cheers.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.