Revit Architecture

clausneergaard
Message 1 of 3 (745 Views)

Wall Structure Layer Thickness

745 Views, 2 Replies
02-22-2011 04:26 AM

Hi,

I am using Revit Architecture 2011 - does anyone know if it's possible to extract information to a schedule about the thickness of each layer in a wall construction? I can get area and volume, but no thickness? Maybe I'm missing something.

Thanks in advance,

Claus

Contributor Bal
Contributor
Bal
Message 2 of 3 (717 Views)

Re: Wall Structure Layer Thickness

02-22-2011 10:06 AM in reply to: clausneergaard

Hi Claus

Reporting paramreters, as you may know do give us the capabality to taking overall wall thicknesses from something like a Window family.  However as far as I know, we can't isolate the compound wall layers in that.

I had a mess around with reporting parameters to try and get it too do what you wanted - my first idea was to use a beam family with a reporting parameter and snap it to the wall thicknesses, but I haven't as of yet been able to get it to work.

If anybody else can expand on that idea, go for it - its an intresting challenge this one. I'll keep trying.

clausneergaard
Message 3 of 3 (710 Views)

Re: Wall Structure Layer Thickness

02-22-2011 01:16 PM in reply to: Bal

Bal,

Thanks for your reply. I'll keep working on it too - if I figure something out, I'll post it here.

Cheers.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!