Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wall profile

6 REPLIES 6
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

I did it recently in one of my projects...I've used Curtain System applied on Mass elements:

Image 10.png

Image 13.png

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 7

That's exaclty what I'd want to do, however I'm still a beginner I guess I get what needs to be done, however I'd love if you can specify a little bit more mor elike a step by step guide if it's not too much of a hassle ;/

Message 4 of 7

I've made two screencasts  on the subject .

I hope , you will find them useful.

1. https://screencast.autodesk.com/Main/Details/0ba1ea78-b310-48dd-9b4b-05c7de48a12e
  2. https://screencast.autodesk.com/Main/Details/8258fb44-59d8-4668-96ef-9247846bc99d

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 5 of 7

That's really helpful thank you !

I keep getting this error though ;/

Changes have been made that cause a curtain wall with type driven grid lines to exceed the maximum allowed number of type driven lines (200 in direction (1) and 200 in direction (2)).  If you really need this many type driven grid lines, please split the affected wall before proceeding.

Message 6 of 7

Can I also ask how did you do the support for the studs as I see in your picture there are "columns" behind the curtain system 

Message 7 of 7

there is indeed a limit (calculation limit ) for Curtain System for type driven lines to 200. That means that for a horizontal grid (distance between the horizontal blades) of 10 cm , the limit is 20 meters, for 15 cm the limit is 30 meters and so on...

In order to overcome this, you may :

1. if the grid is vertical and a planar surface then use ,instead Curtain System, the Wall by Face with Curtain Walls. Curtain Walls allows using Nested Curtain Walls as Panels ,so using this you can increase the height of the grid as much as you want..
  2. if the grid is not Vertical (non plumb) or it is a curved surface, then method 1 is not appropriate any more . It can still be done by dividing surfaces or by using a stack of masses.

As for the vertical sustaining element you can use either a mullion of a certain shape with an offset so to be placed behind the grid , or if you want a special 3d column , use ( as I have done in my project) a personalized Structural Column Family (preferable with nested families added).

Method 1:

• Create, first, the future Nested Panel, as a type of Curtain Wall

Image 5.png

• then create the Curtayn Wall type that will be the host for the first created type , and assign the the first grid as panel:

Image 3.png

you have now two Curtayn Walls conected between:

Image 4.png

example of a structural column (with parameters and nested families):

Image 1.png

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report