Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall Panaling helpppp

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
tvorgreen
246 Views, 3 Replies

Wall Panaling helpppp

So I am making a constructing a building on Revit and i need to put in paneling
I made it under the Wall template and my first problem is the window wont go through the wall you can see it highlighted but it just wont go through how can i change this.
Next i need to put in 3 different types of walls i need wood paneling for the bottom half but for the top half i need Slot board how do i split this up.
next i need to know of a place i can find all these walls because i looked at revitcity and it didnt help me at all.
i tried to custom make the walls and like i said it just didnt work
this is a huge project for me
this is my starting point of career please help!!!!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
AJA14
in reply to: tvorgreen

Hi. A bit of explanation first.

1- Walls are system families and as such cannot be created or deleted.

2- Nevertheless you can create as many of these as you would need.

3- There are 3 types of walls: Basic walls, Stached walls, Curtain walls.

4- Basic walls are walls that are composed of as many layers as you would need.

Select wall, edit type, edit structure, modify to suit your needs.

5- Stacked walls are walls that are composed of a series of basic walls stacked on top of each other.

Select wall, edit type, edit structure, add the basic walls that you have created.

Remember that one of the stacked layers will be variable to account for the floor levels.

Regards.

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
Message 3 of 4
Bob_Zurunkle
in reply to: AJA14

Just as a tip -- you never want to simply edit an existing wall type. When you go into editing mode there is an option to duplicate that wall type, after which you can rename it and then edit the duplicate version. This preserves the existing wall type definition.

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 4 of 4

• try to change the type of the window you used...perhaps  the family it is not well made  or ,see if you did not used two walls one next to another without joinining them

•     -    to make a combination of walls you can use:
  1. Stacked Walls (as AJA14 says) , first you must have or made each type of wall that enter in the combination.
  2. In case of a more sofisticaded paneled wall I prefer to work with Curtain Walls ...see some examples in the attachment . In ths case, too, it's necessary to have the Basic Walls for filling the panels

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report