Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall modifications to limit interior materials shows up outside

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
alex.gotthelf
433 Views, 4 Replies

Wall modifications to limit interior materials shows up outside

I have a wall family that is a brick veneer with a drywall interior.  I want to limit the drywall to only extend 9' above the floor.  I see how to unlock the layer of material that represents the drywall but when I do that it shows up on the outside of my wall where the drywall was taken away.  How do I solve this? 

ag
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ccollins
in reply to: alex.gotthelf

Try using Parts. Is there a layer of studs/framing between the brick and drywall? If so--it should "cover" up the brick.

If not, if you create Parts, you can then control the brick part and drywall part separately.

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect/BIM Manager
Thalden Boyd Emery Architects
St. Louis, MO
Message 3 of 5
alex.gotthelf
in reply to: ccollins

I'm not familiar with Parts. Please elaborate. The wall configuration is exterior veneer brick with an air space then back up block and then 3/4" furring strips and then the drywall. The drywall and furring were detached from the rest of the wall and I was able to restrict (in height) the location of the drywall and furring to reflect reality. The problem is that when joined at the corner the place where it was removed in section "peeks" through.
ag
Message 4 of 5
ccollins
in reply to: alex.gotthelf

Parts were added in Revit 2012--and much improved in 2013.

If you select your wall, simply click "Create Parts" in the Modify tab in the ribbon.

You will need to check under Visibility settings in your Views to Show Parts, Show Original, or Both.

You can even Divide Parts, and assign different Materials within the Divided sections.

I think using Parts might help with your situation.

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect/BIM Manager
Thalden Boyd Emery Architects
St. Louis, MO
Message 5 of 5
alex.gotthelf
in reply to: ccollins

Thanks. I am working in 2011 right now. Any options other than to upgrade?
ag

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report