Revit Architecture

eew203
Message 1 of 4 (597 Views)
Accepted Solution

Wall material width locked?

597 Views, 3 Replies
01-17-2013 12:18 PM

I am trying to change the wall assembly of my foundations (getting rid of a layer of EIFS) and it won't let me delete the layer or change the width (although I can change it into an airbarier). Is there any way to control what parts of the wall are locked in the "edit assembly" window?

I am very new to Revit and am using a student version, I'm nt sure if that changes things. 

I'm not sure why you can't delete the EIFS layer.

Try creating a new Wall Type--select a Generic Wall (or other) and Duplicate it, rename it, then try editing the structure.

Does this work?

Or--if you have a simple wall type (concrete with no EIFS) already, place it in the project, then use Match Properties

from it to the wall that you can't change/edit.

If none of that works, please copy/paste the wall into a blank Revit project (.rvt file) and post it here.

Good luck!

*Expert Elite*
ccollins
Message 2 of 4 (592 Views)

Re: Wall material width locked?

01-17-2013 12:49 PM in reply to: eew203

I'm not sure why you can't delete the EIFS layer.

Try creating a new Wall Type--select a Generic Wall (or other) and Duplicate it, rename it, then try editing the structure.

Does this work?

Or--if you have a simple wall type (concrete with no EIFS) already, place it in the project, then use Match Properties

from it to the wall that you can't change/edit.

If none of that works, please copy/paste the wall into a blank Revit project (.rvt file) and post it here.

Good luck!

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect/BIM Manager
Thalden Boyd Emery Architects
St. Louis, MO
eew203
Message 3 of 4 (569 Views)

01-21-2013 10:35 AM in reply to: ccollins

Thanks! That worked perfectly! I don't know what I did to get it locked in the beginning. 

Active Contributor
jmackniak
Message 4 of 4 (198 Views)

04-25-2014 09:21 AM in reply to: eew203

First slect and highlight the Insert tab. It will shade blue and the delete tab will become active. Select the layer you wish to delete.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.