Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall Material Takeoff Problems..HELP

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
bmwm3owner
439 Views, 2 Replies

Wall Material Takeoff Problems..HELP

Ok, this is killing me slowly. I have a wall material takeoff schedule set up in my template. I have it set so that I show Material:Description; Material: Cost; and Material:Area. I do not want to itemize every instance. I just want a summary of each of the materials used in the project, otherwise the list will be huge. Here is the problem:
If I have one wall drawn in the proect, its shows all of the materials and areas in the schedule. Great. If I draw two walls, none of the AREAS show up. The materials still do. I then went back to the schedule settings and selected "Itemize every instance" and it does show the areas abd names for each of the materials and walls. I compared these settings to one that I did the other day in a particular project and they seem to be the same.

Any ideas as to whats going on? I am a little perplexed. Thanks in advance!

Sash
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
bmwm3owner
in reply to: bmwm3owner

OK, I did some trial and error stuff and discovered something interesting. If I have one wall, the schedule will tell me the total sq. footage of each of the materials in that assembly. If I copy the wall, the schedule will not update the total sq. footage. Whats up with that? All i want is the total sq. footage of each of the materials in the project. Seems like my Reivt is not cooperating with me.

Thanks in advance!
Message 3 of 3

A similar situation is happening to me. I drew a concrete slab.
Then i created a material takeoff. i added material name, cost, volume to the schedule.

nothing shows up on the schedule.

when i tried to create a calculated formula, i clicked the help and searched for some help but found only a list of variables without much explanation as to how to use them. then i looked for the tutorials that i thought i downloaded, but when i double-clicked the 160MB .cab file i got something like 1108 files and they're all templates of one sort or another.

i couldn't find the tutorials so i went to the autodesk website. couldn't find them there either. then i saw something called "e-learning", so i checked that out for a while, but saw that it is only the most basic rudaments explained more or less.

it's been over 6 hours since i drew the slab, it's 36' x 48', and i can almost calculate it mentally, but not Revitly. Sad. why should i, the user, have to calculate anything, or write code scripts to do so ? Revit isn't completely finished if i have to sit and write code to perform a simple math problem.

Anyway, i came back here and searched again and found the discussion groups. i had to create a new and different account than the one i subscribed under. man, it just keeps getting more complicated.

So i search for takeoffs and i read through 11 or 12 really old messages and see that at least i'm not the only one who is baffled as to why i cannot sit down, draw a slab, click a button and have a cost estimate printing on my printer, or in adobe.

guess i'm dreaming. but at the price of this software, training, and subscriptions . . . .

and when i created the account i couldn't use my real name either. Hi, my name is Alan.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report