Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall lines show up as halftone (even though the setting is turned off)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
earofheaven
2703 Views, 3 Replies

Wall lines show up as halftone (even though the setting is turned off)

Ok, so I've got an issue with my wall lines showing up half-tone, even though the display is not set to show in half-tone.

Has anyone got any advice for the place to look in changing this please?

Couldn't find anything under View Visibility or Object Styles...

Cheers. Still learning my way around Revit 🙂

Revit Screenshot.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
David_W_Koch
in reply to: earofheaven

I would check the Phasing first.  With the view open and nothing selected, scroll down to the bottom of the Propertes palette.  What Phase is assigned to the view?  What Phase Filter is assigned (this may be controlled by a View Template, if one is assigned)?  In what Phase were the Walls created?  If your Walls were created in a Phase previous to the Phase of the view, and the Phase Filter is set to Show Previous + New, the Existing Graphic Override may be applied, and that could be making your Wall graphics gray.

If that is not the issue, then I would look to see if a Filter has been defined for Walls and applied to this view.

Were the Walls created in the currently open Revit file, or are they in a linked file?  If they are in a linked file, the graphics settings may be different from the Visibility Graphics set in the host file.  The entire link could be set to halftone, or the Walls category graphics could be overriden for the link.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 4
earofheaven
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Hey Dave,

I couldn't get anything to solve the problem from what you put up.

There are no filters applied, and the construction phases are all set to default New Construction.

Something I did just notice is that the lines will show up full strength in Wireframe mode, but then go back to halftone with HiddenLines, (and any other modes too).

And to make matters even more interesting, there are two levels which show the walls with halftone, and the other two show my walls at full strenght!

I appreciate your help, I will need to get this one fixed ASAP for an upcoming presentation.

Cheers,

Dion

Message 4 of 4
L.Maas
in reply to: earofheaven

Dion,

Have you changed settings of Discipline for that view (Architectural, Structural etc can influence your views).

Have you looked at your materials (Have you used diffetnet walls for different level)?

I it happens only to some views you might try to create new plan view of those levels (View, Plan Views, Floor Level)

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report