Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall Legend - Section View Problems, but not with every wall!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1058 Views, 3 Replies

Wall Legend - Section View Problems, but not with every wall!

I'm trying to make a Wall Types Legend using the Legend function in 2011.  I did the first wall type just fine, placed it in section, tagged the material, etc.  Now when I go to place another wall in a section view, it tells me the component is not visible in selected view.  Thoughts?!  They are both new construction phase, stacked walls.

I've been going nuts trying to find the answer online and it is making me waste a ton of time at work (thank you Revit for helping my productivity... oh, wait...)

Any help is appreciated! 

Thank you,

C*

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Chris.Aquino
in reply to: Anonymous

If your stacked wall type has a minimum height of over 3', you will get this error message. I would open your stacked wall and look at the specified vertical dimensions, then go to your legend and in the options bar set the host height to anything larger than that. It should work.

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 3 of 4
ljhudson
in reply to: Anonymous

I am using revit 2011.. when I create a legeng. it will not let me place a wall or any components into the legend sheet at all. is there a setting I don't have turned on?

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: ljhudson

i guess you are trying to place wall and other components in Legend view from Ribbon (top of your screen).

you should try to drag and drop wall and other components from Project Browser.(see attached image)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report