Revit Architecture

*Bolkar
Message 1 of 5 (240 Views)

Wall Joint question...

240 Views, 4 Replies
03-06-2004 03:27 PM
Hello, I have a problem with joining some walls. Here I am attaching an example situation of what I am talking about. Here, as you see, I have 3 different wall. The green one is a structural wall and the white ones are regular wall. I first draw the green one by using a wall type than by using another wall type I draw the white ones. At that point revit joins them together in a way that I don't want. The example here is a screen capture from AutoCAD. And my question is, how can I create walls looking like this. I tried to use edit cut profile tool but I was not successful. Ofcourse I can fake the view with that tool, but I don't want to fake it, since I will be seeing in perspectives, and views, etc. If possible I would appreciate an example revit file (I have version 5) thank you very much. Bolkar
*Aaron Rumple
Message 2 of 5 (240 Views)

Re: Wall Joint question...

03-08-2004 02:30 PM in reply to: *Bolkar
Use the wall join tool... "Bolkar" wrote in message news:404a5e7d_3@newsprd01... > Hello, I have a problem with joining some walls. > Here I am attaching an example situation of what I am talking about. > > Here, as you see, I have 3 different wall. The green one is a structural > wall and the white ones are regular wall. > I first draw the green one by using a wall type than by using another wall > type I draw the white ones. > At that point revit joins them together in a way that I don't want. > The example here is a screen capture from AutoCAD. And my question is, how > can I create walls looking like this. > I tried to use edit cut profile tool but I was not successful. Ofcourse I > can fake the view with that tool, but I don't want to fake it, since I will > be seeing in perspectives, and views, etc. > If possible I would appreciate an example revit file (I have version 5) > thank you very much. > > Bolkar > > >
*Bolkar
Message 3 of 5 (240 Views)

03-08-2004 08:42 PM in reply to: *Bolkar
If you mean edit wall joins tool, than it does not work to create the situation on my msg. I would appreciate if you can attach a revit file with 2 walls joined as in my example. Thanks, Bolkar "Aaron Rumple" wrote in message news:404cf494_2@newsprd01... > Use the wall join tool... > > "Bolkar" wrote in message news:404a5e7d_3@newsprd01... > > Hello, I have a problem with joining some walls. > > Here I am attaching an example situation of what I am talking about. > > > > Here, as you see, I have 3 different wall. The green one is a structural > > wall and the white ones are regular wall. > > I first draw the green one by using a wall type than by using another wall > > type I draw the white ones. > > At that point revit joins them together in a way that I don't want. > > The example here is a screen capture from AutoCAD. And my question is, how > > can I create walls looking like this. > > I tried to use edit cut profile tool but I was not successful. Ofcourse I > > can fake the view with that tool, but I don't want to fake it, since I > will > > be seeing in perspectives, and views, etc. > > If possible I would appreciate an example revit file (I have version 5) > > thank you very much. > > > > Bolkar > > > > > > > >
*Scott Davis
Message 4 of 5 (240 Views)

03-09-2004 08:46 AM in reply to: *Bolkar
Not sure why you'd want joints as you show, but here is a JPG of your example in Revit. I used the wall join tool, selected "disallow join" and then used an in-place family void to cut the pieces from the narrow walls. I will post the RVT separately, its too big to post here. hope it helps. SD "Bolkar" wrote in message news:404d4b49_1@newsprd01... > If you mean edit wall joins tool, than it does not work to create the > situation on my msg. > I would appreciate if you can attach a revit file with 2 walls joined as in > my example. > > Thanks, > > Bolkar > > "Aaron Rumple" wrote in message > news:404cf494_2@newsprd01... > > Use the wall join tool... > > > > "Bolkar" wrote in message news:404a5e7d_3@newsprd01... > > > Hello, I have a problem with joining some walls. > > > Here I am attaching an example situation of what I am talking about. > > > > > > Here, as you see, I have 3 different wall. The green one is a structural > > > wall and the white ones are regular wall. > > > I first draw the green one by using a wall type than by using another > wall > > > type I draw the white ones. > > > At that point revit joins them together in a way that I don't want. > > > The example here is a screen capture from AutoCAD. And my question is, > how > > > can I create walls looking like this. > > > I tried to use edit cut profile tool but I was not successful. Ofcourse > I > > > can fake the view with that tool, but I don't want to fake it, since I > > will > > > be seeing in perspectives, and views, etc. > > > If possible I would appreciate an example revit file (I have version 5) > > > thank you very much. > > > > > > Bolkar > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
*Scott Davis
Message 5 of 5 (240 Views)

03-09-2004 08:49 AM in reply to: *Bolkar
Can't post the RVT here. Go to www.zoogdesgin.com/forums and I will post it there. "Scott Davis" wrote in message news:404df493$1_1@newsprd01... Not sure why you'd want joints as you show, but here is a JPG of your example in Revit. I used the wall join tool, selected "disallow join" and then used an in-place family void to cut the pieces from the narrow walls. I will post the RVT separately, its too big to post here. hope it helps. SD "Bolkar" wrote in message news:404d4b49_1@newsprd01... > If you mean edit wall joins tool, than it does not work to create the > situation on my msg. > I would appreciate if you can attach a revit file with 2 walls joined as in > my example. > > Thanks, > > Bolkar > > "Aaron Rumple" wrote in message > news:404cf494_2@newsprd01... > > Use the wall join tool... > > > > "Bolkar" wrote in message news:404a5e7d_3@newsprd01... > > > Hello, I have a problem with joining some walls. > > > Here I am attaching an example situation of what I am talking about. > > > > > > Here, as you see, I have 3 different wall. The green one is a structural > > > wall and the white ones are regular wall. > > > I first draw the green one by using a wall type than by using another > wall > > > type I draw the white ones. > > > At that point revit joins them together in a way that I don't want. > > > The example here is a screen capture from AutoCAD. And my question is, > how > > > can I create walls looking like this. > > > I tried to use edit cut profile tool but I was not successful. Ofcourse > I > > > can fake the view with that tool, but I don't want to fake it, since I > > will > > > be seeing in perspectives, and views, etc. > > > If possible I would appreciate an example revit file (I have version 5) > > > thank you very much. > > > > > > Bolkar > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.