Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall Joint question...

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
327 Views, 4 Replies

Wall Joint question...

Hello, I have a problem with joining some walls. Here I am attaching an example situation of what I am talking about. Here, as you see, I have 3 different wall. The green one is a structural wall and the white ones are regular wall. I first draw the green one by using a wall type than by using another wall type I draw the white ones. At that point revit joins them together in a way that I don't want. The example here is a screen capture from AutoCAD. And my question is, how can I create walls looking like this. I tried to use edit cut profile tool but I was not successful. Ofcourse I can fake the view with that tool, but I don't want to fake it, since I will be seeing in perspectives, and views, etc. If possible I would appreciate an example revit file (I have version 5) thank you very much. Bolkar
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Use the wall join tool... "Bolkar" wrote in message news:404a5e7d_3@newsprd01... > Hello, I have a problem with joining some walls. > Here I am attaching an example situation of what I am talking about. > > Here, as you see, I have 3 different wall. The green one is a structural > wall and the white ones are regular wall. > I first draw the green one by using a wall type than by using another wall > type I draw the white ones. > At that point revit joins them together in a way that I don't want. > The example here is a screen capture from AutoCAD. And my question is, how > can I create walls looking like this. > I tried to use edit cut profile tool but I was not successful. Ofcourse I > can fake the view with that tool, but I don't want to fake it, since I will > be seeing in perspectives, and views, etc. > If possible I would appreciate an example revit file (I have version 5) > thank you very much. > > Bolkar > > >
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

If you mean edit wall joins tool, than it does not work to create the situation on my msg. I would appreciate if you can attach a revit file with 2 walls joined as in my example. Thanks, Bolkar "Aaron Rumple" wrote in message news:404cf494_2@newsprd01... > Use the wall join tool... > > "Bolkar" wrote in message news:404a5e7d_3@newsprd01... > > Hello, I have a problem with joining some walls. > > Here I am attaching an example situation of what I am talking about. > > > > Here, as you see, I have 3 different wall. The green one is a structural > > wall and the white ones are regular wall. > > I first draw the green one by using a wall type than by using another wall > > type I draw the white ones. > > At that point revit joins them together in a way that I don't want. > > The example here is a screen capture from AutoCAD. And my question is, how > > can I create walls looking like this. > > I tried to use edit cut profile tool but I was not successful. Ofcourse I > > can fake the view with that tool, but I don't want to fake it, since I > will > > be seeing in perspectives, and views, etc. > > If possible I would appreciate an example revit file (I have version 5) > > thank you very much. > > > > Bolkar > > > > > > > >
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Not sure why you'd want joints as you show, but here is a JPG of your example in Revit. I used the wall join tool, selected "disallow join" and then used an in-place family void to cut the pieces from the narrow walls. I will post the RVT separately, its too big to post here. hope it helps. SD "Bolkar" wrote in message news:404d4b49_1@newsprd01... > If you mean edit wall joins tool, than it does not work to create the > situation on my msg. > I would appreciate if you can attach a revit file with 2 walls joined as in > my example. > > Thanks, > > Bolkar > > "Aaron Rumple" wrote in message > news:404cf494_2@newsprd01... > > Use the wall join tool... > > > > "Bolkar" wrote in message news:404a5e7d_3@newsprd01... > > > Hello, I have a problem with joining some walls. > > > Here I am attaching an example situation of what I am talking about. > > > > > > Here, as you see, I have 3 different wall. The green one is a structural > > > wall and the white ones are regular wall. > > > I first draw the green one by using a wall type than by using another > wall > > > type I draw the white ones. > > > At that point revit joins them together in a way that I don't want. > > > The example here is a screen capture from AutoCAD. And my question is, > how > > > can I create walls looking like this. > > > I tried to use edit cut profile tool but I was not successful. Ofcourse > I > > > can fake the view with that tool, but I don't want to fake it, since I > > will > > > be seeing in perspectives, and views, etc. > > > If possible I would appreciate an example revit file (I have version 5) > > > thank you very much. > > > > > > Bolkar > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Can't post the RVT here. Go to www.zoogdesgin.com/forums and I will post it there. "Scott Davis" wrote in message news:404df493$1_1@newsprd01... Not sure why you'd want joints as you show, but here is a JPG of your example in Revit. I used the wall join tool, selected "disallow join" and then used an in-place family void to cut the pieces from the narrow walls. I will post the RVT separately, its too big to post here. hope it helps. SD "Bolkar" wrote in message news:404d4b49_1@newsprd01... > If you mean edit wall joins tool, than it does not work to create the > situation on my msg. > I would appreciate if you can attach a revit file with 2 walls joined as in > my example. > > Thanks, > > Bolkar > > "Aaron Rumple" wrote in message > news:404cf494_2@newsprd01... > > Use the wall join tool... > > > > "Bolkar" wrote in message news:404a5e7d_3@newsprd01... > > > Hello, I have a problem with joining some walls. > > > Here I am attaching an example situation of what I am talking about. > > > > > > Here, as you see, I have 3 different wall. The green one is a structural > > > wall and the white ones are regular wall. > > > I first draw the green one by using a wall type than by using another > wall > > > type I draw the white ones. > > > At that point revit joins them together in a way that I don't want. > > > The example here is a screen capture from AutoCAD. And my question is, > how > > > can I create walls looking like this. > > > I tried to use edit cut profile tool but I was not successful. Ofcourse > I > > > can fake the view with that tool, but I don't want to fake it, since I > > will > > > be seeing in perspectives, and views, etc. > > > If possible I would appreciate an example revit file (I have version 5) > > > thank you very much. > > > > > > Bolkar > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report