Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall Join

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
kate_vanhout
548 Views, 6 Replies

Wall Join

I am just curious if anyone can tell me why my walls are joining like the attached file and how I can fix them?!

When I first start drawing a house my walls look like the attached "revit walls correct" file. And this is how I would like them to look. But after I have gotten a ways into the project my walls will end up looking like the attached "revit walls" file.  How do I get them to join the way I want them to?!?

Thanks for any help!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Jason_S
in reply to: kate_vanhout

Design Options do this all the time to me.

I have to duplicate the view with or without details.  Set one view to Option 1 and the other view to Option 2.  See attached "Option1" and "Option 2"

I then change the model back to Main Model (Main Model image) and adjust the walls that are not associated with the design options.  They will cleanup after some fine tuning.  I have drawn some detail lines so that one design option is aligned with the other at join areas. 

Hope this helps you out.

Message 3 of 7
kate_vanhout
in reply to: Jason_S

What if I don't have any design options set up?! Is there a way to do it then? Or would I just have to create one and then go through these steps?!

Message 4 of 7
Jason_S

Sorry Kate- Your one image "Revit walls" looks like design options have been activated (Main Model is not grayed out).  As the other image shows it grayed out, So I assumed, (my bad), that you turned on design options to show different configurations.

If you don't have design options then you should be able to drag the blue dot around to get the walls to clean up or maybe they have been told to not join. 

The other way I have seen conditions like this is when Existing and New Construction phases are being used.

Is this model small enough to share?

Message 5 of 7
mike
in reply to: Jason_S

On the modify tab, between the "join geometry" and "demolish" icons there is another icon called "wall joins".  Pick this, hover your mouse cursor over the wall corner you want to fix, and top right underneath the ribbon will be options to "butt join" or "mitre" the corner, or select "next" or "previous" for different options.

Cheers.

Message 6 of 7
kate_vanhout
in reply to: mike

Sorry the project I grabbed from earlier did have a design option in it that I missed! attached is one of my projecets that doesn't have any design options but I still have the weird corner issue.  

I should have mentioned before that I have been fixing it with the wall join option and choosing miter to clean them up, I guess I was just wondering if there is a faster solution? I have had to do this with every corner in every project. It's very time consuming to have to click on every corner seperately to fix them... Seems like something that would be built into Revit, just not sure how to get them to stay as a clean join...

Message 7 of 7
cbcarch

Revit 2015 Update promises to improve Wall Join performance.

We have not moved to 2015 yet--but hopefully it will be faster.

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects-St. Louis, MO

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report