Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wall join with WALLS FROM MASS problems

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
thaner9
2008 Views, 2 Replies

wall join with WALLS FROM MASS problems

I've attached an image of a problem I've come across when trying to make smooth corner joins with walls I created from a mass element. Join and Cut don't seem to do anything. I have to create the walls on the sloped faces of the mass first, then the "bottom" portion of that plane and then the perpendicular face, but that creates a void (not seen in this image). This image was created by doing sloped face, flat "parallel" face, and then a regular wall for the perpendicular face that I edited the profile. Doing that results in this image. Problem is I end up having to edit linework in views to get it to look right. Is that the only way or is there a way to join walls that are sloped/canted? Should I be doing this a different way altogether? Like making a wall component with a sweep?

Thanks for any advice/help.

Logan

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ryan.duell
in reply to: thaner9

You may be better off for this condition in creating an in-place component wall.  There you could create the geometry for the entire chimney shape, and then cut a smaller void out generating the geometry as needed.

Without an example file to verify I can’t say for sure, but it should give you more consistent geometry.

If you want to attach a small example for additional review let us know; otherwise I would recommend this approach.

Thank you,

Ryan Duell
Message 3 of 3
thaner9
in reply to: ryan.duell

Thank you Ryan.

I suppose I can just add multiple 'layers' of COMPONENT walls to achieve the stud, substrate, finish materials to make my sections more accurate, or just not cut a section through the fireplace.

This will be useful in other areas. Thanks again.

Logan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report