Revit Architecture

Valued Contributor
62 Posts
0 Kudos
Post 11 of 14

Re: Wall Graphics-Plan

07-29-2011 09:31 AM in reply to: dtabor-hanson

On my screen the core is still showing as thicker  lines. The stud layer is anyway.  Some of the outer lines on the CMU-mtl stud wall type lose thickness but it appears to be gyp layers only which are thinner on the other wall types.

The question still remains, what is making those dots. It is like there is a small fillet at the corners drawn in a different line style than the rest of the wall componants.

Windows 7
RAC2012
*Expert Elite*
914 Posts
148 Kudos
Post 12 of 14

07-29-2011 09:42 AM in reply to: *Mike Maloney

Mike (or anyone), can you explain how you set up your wall types to have the core component different from the rest?  I think the answer is in there somewhere, but I can't figure that part out...

Ross Kirby
BIM Manager
Arcturis
*Expert Elite*
914 Posts
148 Kudos
Post 13 of 14

07-29-2011 11:11 AM in reply to: rosskirby

OK, since for some reason the forum won't let me edit my previous post, here goes:

The problem is a lack of consistency between your overrides in the Cut Line Styles settings and the Object Style settings.  In your Object Styles, you have the Projection lineweight set to 2, but in the Cut Line Styles settings, you have all of the functions (other than Structure [1]) set to 1.  If you change them to 2 here, then the dots go away. 

You apparently can't have a discrepancy between the two, since you can't override the Cut Line Styles of just the Structure [1] components without also affecting the others (Substrate [2], Thermal/Air Layer [3], etc.).  If you set all the non-structure components to a line weight of 2, then everything shows up as you intend for it to.

Hope that helps (see image below).

Capture.JPG

Ross Kirby
BIM Manager
Arcturis
6 Posts
0 Kudos
Post 14 of 14

07-29-2011 11:51 AM in reply to: rosskirby

So the when I set them all to 2 it does look better. Thanks

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the future of the Autodesk Community? To participate in this brief usability study, please click here. Your time and input is greatly appreciated!