Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall gaps

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
372 Views, 2 Replies

Wall gaps

Hi Everyone, This bugs me. I do alot of residential remodels. I get a gap between existing wall and a new wall that are in line, when I have demo'd an existing wall that is perpendicular to the walls. What can I do about this condition. Thanks in advance, Michael Smith, AIA mike@mdsarchitect.com
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Mike, You have to drag the grip at the end of the new wall (where is lays in the middle of that perpendicular wall) so that it lays on the outside of the existing wall. This is a manual cleanup. As far as I know, Revit won't clean the joins up automatically between existing and new. "Mike Smith" wrote in message news:419bd037_1@newsprd01... > Hi Everyone, > This bugs me. I do alot of residential remodels. I get a gap between > existing wall and a new wall that are in line, when I have demo'd an > existing wall that is perpendicular to the walls. What can I do about this > condition. > > Thanks in advance, > Michael Smith, AIA > mike@mdsarchitect.com > > > >
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Or, you could over-ride the wall join on the demo'd wall, and pull the wall end back so that it is parallel with the inside of the existing and new walls. "Chad" wrote in message news:419bfcf3$1_2@newsprd01... > Mike, > > You have to drag the grip at the end of the new wall (where is lays in the > middle of that perpendicular wall) so that it lays on the outside of the > existing wall. This is a manual cleanup. > As far as I know, Revit won't clean the joins up automatically between > existing and new. > > "Mike Smith" wrote in message > news:419bd037_1@newsprd01... > > Hi Everyone, > > This bugs me. I do alot of residential remodels. I get a gap between > > existing wall and a new wall that are in line, when I have demo'd an > > existing wall that is perpendicular to the walls. What can I do about > this > > condition. > > > > Thanks in advance, > > Michael Smith, AIA > > mike@mdsarchitect.com > > > > > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report